I woke up early on this cooler fall day and took my oversized mug full of hot Starbucks coffee to the front porch to enjoy all this morning had to offer. Today was the first cooler day we have had this whole fall season. I loved snuggling up in my throw blanket and thinking of how blessed I am to live such a free life. I don’t have to wake up and clock into any job so my day is always new and fresh. I wake up, Drink Coffee, & Have Joy!
Reminiscing of our relaxing, kid free weekend to Charlotte, NC, while sipping my dark roast coffee. ( we make it so dark, it’s like espresso) We ate at the neatest place called The Crepe Cellar on a quaint street right near the Theatre where we went and watched Mandolin Orange preform live.
The streets were fun with lots of neat picture walls and paintings on them. Very artistic place and the concert was by far one of the best concerts I have ever been too! It was like they were sharing their life stories in songs. It was almost like Allison Krause & Rascal Flatts were all playing together. I am not a huge fan of bluegrass where it is like super country so this was just my style. It was also fun to be there and not know one single soul in the whole place. Of course, we met some neat folks at the concert and hung out.
I also ate way too much amazing food, didn’t workout and don’t care… I had the best cauliflower soup ever and decided I had to try and make it when I got home so that is what I decided to tackle this morning all before 8:30AM!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE:
1 Head of cauliflower
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Small Vidalia Onion
5 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp Thyme
4 cups Vegetable Broth
1 Cup Garbanzo beans
1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and sauté the Celery, Onions, Garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for about 8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and browned.
2. Turn the over to 400 degrees. Using a pan, put the cut up cauliflower along with carrots diced small and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then Salt/Pepper the vegetables.
3. Roast the vegetables about 15 minutes flipping them over when needed. Add the cauliflower& Carrots to the saucepan with the onions, garlic and celery, then sauté for another minute.
4. Add the vegetable broth, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Add the Thyme and Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely tender.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the nuts.
Pour the soup into your blender in batches and blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
6. Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt to taste.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with either roasted garbanzo beans, some roasted slivered almonds & Greek yogurt.
Enjoy this recipe and please be inspired to also feed this to your lovely children…Hunter loved it so much the girls were not huge fans but at least they tried it and that leaves me for me!! Bring on colder days and more soup recipes.