Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, who doesn’t want to break out their red lipstick? I know that some people are scared by red lipstick because it can be hard to wear, but these tips can help ease your fear. If you want to know more about my go-to skincare and makeup routine, I have a whole post with two tutorial videos.
Try out these tips to ensure your lip will stay on all day:
- Exfoliate lips before application to remove all of the dead skin (Satin Lip Set / $18)
- Put foundation all over your lips as a primer for your lip color
- Line lips with Mary Kay Clear Liner (or any lip liner to match your color) to avoid bleeding out from the edges
- Apply lipstick and begin your day!
- Fair Skin & Hair: MK Really Red
- Brunette Hair & Light Skin: MK Midnight Red
- Red Hair: MK Firecracker
- Dark Hair & features: MK Poppy Please
- For people who want a bright and sassy look: MK Rockin’ Red Lip Gloss